In order to have accounts and/or loans at the BFCU, you must first open a primary savings account. We also offer side savings accounts.
- Accounts for all ages
- ATM Cards: Access 9 local no-fee ATMs, as well as 37,000+ MoneyPass Network ATMs all over the country!
- Mobile App: Deposit checks, transfer funds, and pay your BFCU loans via our mobile app
- Direct Deposit: Have your paycheck automatically deposited to your account
- Payroll Deduction: Have a certain portion of your paycheck automatically placed into savings or onto a loan whenever it comes in
- Deposit Insurance: Your share account is federally insured by the NCUA up to $250,000
- No minimum balance requirements
- Instant-issue debit cards
- Available for minors age 15+ (with parental permission)
- FREE Online Banking & Bill Pay
- FREE eStatements
- FREE Direct Deposit
- Comprehensive Identity Theft Protection*
- Reorder your checks online (see below for details)
All the features and benefits of a regular checking account apply, but members who are 55+ have the added benefit of receiving one FREE box of checks per year! To redeem your free box, please call, text, or email Member Services today.
We offer our members four convenient ways to order BFCU checks:
- Click here to order online**
- Text us at 906.482.5005
- Call us at 906.482.5005
- Email us at email@example.com
- Visit our branch location at 700 E Sharon Ave in Houghton
*You must opt-in to ID Protect and complete the enrollment process in order to utilize the program.
**Your first check order must be placed by a BFCU employee, and prestige free boxes must be ordered by employees every time.
General Eligibility Requirements:
- Covered under a high deductible health plan (HDHP)
- Cannot be covered by another health plan (with limited exceptions)
- Cannot be enrolled in Medicare
- Cannot be eligible to be claimed as a dependent on another persons tax return
Benefits of an HSA:
- Savings tool
- Flexibility to pay current medical expenses or save for future needs
- Tax-deductible contributions
- Tax-deferred earnings
- Tax-free distributions, if used properly
- Balance carries over from year to year
- Remains with you, regardless of change in coverage or employment